February 25, 2012

Rihanna

I've always been a fan of good music, and because of that I have a lot of respect for Rihanna, who manages to consistently pump good music into the world of pop, which you don't see from most artists.  This probably goes to show why she's been so successful for so many years, unlike other artists which emerge and disappear quickly.

The first time I noticed that Rihanna had a kinkier side was when I saw the video for "Disturbia". The video portrayed her behind bars, in chains, often in a creepy dungeon setting. Rihanna successfully mixed pop sexy with dungeons and chains.

I was reassured of my instinct upon listening to the lyrics of her song "Rude Boy".  Notice that in the chorus, she's questioning the sexual adequacy of her male counterpart. "Come here rude boy boy can you get it up? Come here rude boy boy is you big enough?".  Throughout the lyrics the song keeps the aim of making the male think he's getting what he wants, but in reality, Rihanna is the one who's in control.  "Tonight I'ma give it to you harder, tonight I'ma turn your body out, relax let me do it how I wanna."

And of course, the song that gave away the interest in some form of BDSM is the song "S&M".  The song could just be a metaphor, but between the video and the lyrics... "Sticks and stones may break my bones but chains and whips excite me".  I think it's more concrete proof of some kind of BDSM interests.


No comments:

Post a Comment